Friday 23 September 2016

Project fix it!

We just recently added some new tools to our block area, and it didn't take long for the children to notice them.


"I'm cutting the wood."
"The saw is moving and cutting the wood."


"I think we should come up with a project and make something."
"Ya let's build something. We could make a house."


 This group decided the sand table needed to be fixed.


"I fix. I fix. This awesome."


This child takes time to lay out the measuring tape flat so he can measure the board. He then moves on to measure the fence.



"I found some boards that need to be fixed. They're very loose."


"I need safety glasses to protect my eyes. The saw shakes my hands when it cuts the wood."


"We're working really hard."

Providing tools for the children to play with adds to their play experience giving them the opportunity to reenact parents, construction workers, staff and others. It enhances their vocabulary by naming the tools and opens up conversation about tools and tool safety.

Written by Mrs. Balharry πŸ™‹πŸ» 

No comments:

Post a Comment