Wednesday 16 November 2016

Lace it up

As we came in from outside all the children got ready for lunch . I sent the kids into the classroom and  I noticed one child was left in the hallway. This child  was sitting on the floor tying up her shoes laces. I carefully watched and observed.



It was quite neat to see her fine motor skills work. She was meticulous, ensuring the ends were both even. Then she looped the two together the laces and pulled.This child is only 4 years old and I was so amazed to see that she could tie her shoes.
\
I was so impressed that I asked her if she could lace up my rain boots. She laced up the boots in no time.

 
 



Then just before going home I walked by the science area. I noticed the same  little girl putting bows into another child's hair. She was using the same technique as she did with her shoes.  
"LOOK I put a bow in her hair!!"

This child emerged her lace tying skills onto  another technique. Bringing her knowledge of making  bows into hair tying.

Written By: Miss Santillan









No comments:

Post a Comment