Tuesday 27 September 2016

Autumn is here!!

"Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower."-Albert Camus

Autumn is here again everybody! And what better way to celebrate than some good, ol'fashioned leaf gathering!

Our group showed a great display of teamwork and comraderie as we all worked together to clean up the leaves on our playground!

"Watch me lift these leaves with the rake!"

"I'm organizing the pile!"

Children of all ages helped each other out as we worked towards making a huge pile of leaves in the middle of our courtyard.

"I want all my friends to help us!"

"The pile is growing so big!"

As the time passed, we alternated who was using the rakes so everyone would get a turn to help!

Our pile grew and grew until there was only one thing we could do with it....

PLAY IN IT!

"You can't find me!"

"Watch me do a somersault!"

As we jumped and hid in the leaves, each child struck a new pose.


"I'm soaring through the air!"

"Woah! Look at me!"

And when it was time to clean up, not only did everybody help, we also figured out new ways to work more efficiently!

"If we put the leaves in the cart, we can move more at a time."

The way the seasons change is amazing, much like our imaginative minds when we find ways to play with what Mother Nature gives us.

-Mr.Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment