Friday 16 September 2016

Letting creativity flow with nature

Today we set up a paint Easel with some paints and fallen branches from some of our different trees. The children qickly gathered and started to ask questions about the experience.


"We're going to use branches to paint?"
"Look there's paint brushes with leaves and pointy paint brushes to.There's even sticks!"



"Look mine is like a pen. I have paints at home but I use paint brushes at home. This is better."


"My brush smells like Christmas. Now the paint smells like Christmas too."


"Look these leaves are going to us a lot of paint. It's gonna cover my whole paper."


"My leaves are smaller then yours.I'm gonna have to paint more."


The girls continue to paint talking about the patterns their leaves are making on the paper. As they paint they stop every so often and look at each other's and then continue on.




"Look I got a big stick. It makes lots of lines."


"Mrs. Balharry look I'm painting a masterpiece. I'm really good at painting them you know."
" I like the stick it works really good for painting."



"I'm painting a whale. That's what I see in my mind. Then I'm gonna give this to my mom. She'll love the whale."



"Let's make a picture together." The two boys stand side by side painting and changing their brushes as they go.

 
Providing children with different painting materials gives them a chance to create with different mediums while allowing them to use their sense of smell, touch, and sight.

Written by Mrs. Balharry πŸ™‹πŸ»

No comments:

Post a Comment